Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear John,

I'm not going to write a review on Taylor Swift's new album, "Speak Now". You can find plenty of those everywhere.
I would like to start off by saying I love everything Taylor Swift does. She is an absolute genius when it comes to song writing. I don't know whats better, her melodies or the stories that every song tells.
But there is one story that caught my eye... "Dear John".
This is obviously about John Mayer, I think everyone and their grandmother knows that.

Now, like I said I love T-Swift, but... let's be honest here... it's John Mayer. I feel like I should stick up for him or something. He just got bashed by one of the biggest artists in the world.

The chorus:
"Dear John I see it all now that you're gone
Don't you think I was too young to be messed with
The girl in the dress, cried the whole way home
I see it all that you're gone"

The song is amazing but I really just want to tell Taylor,
Come on now, it's John Mayer, what did you expect?? Making people cry is what he does best. It's probably not easy being the biggest bad ass in the world.

Anyway, I heard some people saying the song skewed their fantasy of John Mayer, which is kind of stupid 'cuz everyone knows John Mayer is known for being an asshole. He is a sarcastic prick and I absolutely love it. He doesn't give a shit and he even admits it. So this song doesn't surprise me at all.

Whatever, I love both of them equally.

Alright, I gotta cut this short 'cuz I hear the timer going off, which means my cookies are done.
I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Bye!

-Ryan

2 comments:

  1. you made the cookies?! without me?! you wouldn't let me make them the other night. rude. not clicking your links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the song's about John Gomez? You know... Hey Stephen. Dear John. Gomez Brothers? OHCOMEON!

    ReplyDelete